Rise of the Demigods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Percy Jackson and the Olympians RPG site! Feel free to join, RPG, and chat~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current Season
~ SUMMER ~
Latest topics
» shot in the dark
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am by Andrew Night

» Long Island Sound
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 pm by Goose

» Mess Hall for Eating
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm by Sierra Kingsley

» The Lakeside
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm by Kora Craven

» Dike Cabin
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am by Justin Henderson

» The Infirmary
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 pm by Kora Craven

» Hecate Cabin
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 pm by Kora Craven

» The Rock Climbing Wall
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm by Kora Craven

»  The Trees
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm by Kora Craven

Top posting users this month
No user
BIG REMINDER
Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm by feathertail
Just a quick reminder to all campers to reply to characters' bio forms when they are no longer in use as characters to let us know that fact so we can keep the collection up to date, and also to reply in the Faceclaim, Who's Who, and Cabin lists so that we can work as efficiently as possible!

Thank you,

The Admin Team

Comments: 2

Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet
Name: Logan Henderson
Godly Parent: Athena
Years of Camp: 6

Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Empty
PostSubject: Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members   Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey guys! I've realized some of our new members (even some veteran members) are having a little trouble with some minor dos and dont's so I thought I'd clear some things up for those of you who are having trouble. (You know who you are.)

1. DO Pay attention to quality of posts
DON'T Pay attention to quantity of posts.

This is a basic principle. Quality over quantity. It applies here. If you're throwing yourself into a story, have an idea for what your character/s could do in that specific story. Don't just throw yourself around into stories. It's fine if you don't have as many posts as Elli. (IT'S OVER 18000! (For her at least))

2. DO Use the edit button
DON'T Double-post

The edit button is your best friend. If I had to count how many times I used the edit button in the past week, on my own posts or someone else's (Yes moderators can edit other people's posts, but we very seldom do it) That'd be 10 times give or take a few. It's there for a reason, use it!

3. DO Use clean language
DON'T Swear

This is more exclusive to this site, but people in the rp world (in my experience) will enjoy rping with you more if you use clean language. Don't swear, keep it mild. You're still cool if you don't swear :p (This hasn't been an issue, just thought I should bring it up.)

4. DO Use parentheses for irrelevant side notes
DON'T Say things like gtg using the parentheses

You can use parentheses to make a quick side note to another member, just don't tell them that you have to go. They'll figure it out when you don't reply. Plus, we have a little thing at the bottom of the page that tells you who's online at a certain time. So don't tell them, they'll figure it out.

I'm sorry for going all serious. I don't like turning into serious mod Logan but I found it necessary here. Thanks for reading this! See you all around. ALLONS-Y!
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members   Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Also... a small point on the use of destinies and titans and quests.

Yes, I know they're a part of the PJ fandom, but we don't really use them on this site. And with the double posting, it's okay if you want to reopen a topic that hasn't be posted on for about a month, but it's not really acceptable to double post on the same topic consecutively without letting others post first. You can always wait before you add something to the topic.
Back to top Go down

Dos and Don'ts of RP for new members
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of the Demigods :: Rules/Information/Etc. :: Guides-
Jump to: